If you want a lobster dinner but aren’t close to the coast, Groupon has a Maine Lobster Dinner for four from GetMaineLobster for $105. Not sure how to cook them? Read below for directions on how to boil a lobster or make baked lobster tails.
This Groupon deal includes four 1.25-pound live Maine lobsters, 4 pounds of mussels, and four jumbo crab cakes. You can use the certificate from Feb 27 – Aug 29, 2012. Shipping for the feast ranges from $10 – $20 and is a bit more for Saturday deliveries.
How to Boil a Lobster
Get a lobster pot or a pot deep enough to hold enough water to cover the lobsters completely. Bring the water to a rolling boil. Put lobsters in the pot, claws first, and boil for 8 minutes. (This is the timing for 1.25 lb sized lobsters that are included in the Groupon deal.)
Just want to cook the tails?
Baked Lobster Tails
- Hold the lobster tail in your hand and begin cutting down one side of the lobster tail (use kitchen shears) as close to the side as you can. Repeat the same cut on the other side of the lobster tail.
- Cut the shell across the middle at the base of the tail.Grab the top of the shell and peel back. Take a knife and cut around the lobster meat.
- Prepare lobster marinade of 3 Tablespoons of lemon juice and clarified butter, with a pinch of paprika, white pepper, garlic power and salt. Drizzle lobster marinade over lobster tail. Place lobster tail on a sheet of aluminum foil. Fold up the ends of the foil so your lobster tail is completely sealed.
- Wrap lobster tail in foil and bake in a 450 degree preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes.
Broiled Lobster Tails
- Make a marinade using a half stick of clarified butter, 1 tsp of lemon juice, a 1/4 tsp of white pepper, a 1/4 tsp of sea salt and a 1/4 tsp of garlic powder. Mix together and set aside.
- Take kitchen sheers and begin on right side of the shell. Keep bottom of the sheers as close to the top underside of the shell as possible. Repeat on other side. Make a cut across the back to free the top of the shell. Grab the cut piece of shell and peel it backwards. Wash the tail with cold water as to remove any bits of shells and pat dry.
- Drizzle lobster tail with the marinade and place into pan or oven-safe baking dish. Broil tails about 1 minute per ounce of lobster. The lobster tails are done when the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.